As a member of the 2012/2013 Sundance Institute Alumni Diversity Outreach Committee I’m currently looking for emerging independent filmmakers who are developing their 1st or 2nd narrative feature screenplay. If you meet the criteria you could find yourself at the 2013 January Screenwriter’s lab at Robert Redford’s Sundance Resort in Utah. Priorities are:
- Diversity of ethnicity/race, gender and geography (filmmakers located outside the hubs of NYC and LA) & artists who come from under-represented and/or under-resourced communities.
- You are looking to make a film that is “independent” both in terms of story and spirit and budget (under 2 million $ US).
- You want to tell a story that we haven’t seen before in ways that feel fresh and original.
- You have an authentic cinematic voice.
- You have a story with an element of urgency to it - why does your story need to be told now?
There are no limitations on genre. And it can be an adaptation as long as you have rights to the underlying material.
Does this sound like you?! If so don’t hesitate, message me now on my tumblr page or my twitter page with a brief letter describing who you are, where you come from and what is this story that you’d like to take to the 2013 Sundance lab. (and if you haven’t written it yet then don’t bother messaging me - only finished screenplays will be considered).
Adam Bhala Lough
*****——[PLEASE REBLOG, RETWEET, EMAIL, ETC.]——*****